Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market Forecast
Quantum Meets HPC (in the Cloud)
Quantum computers would theoretically be able to perform calculations much more quickly, by orders of magnitudes, than any classical computer. Quantum computers have not matured yet to outperform today’s classical computers unless they can correct for errors that disrupt the fragile quantum states of their qubits, one of many technical obstacles remained to resolve. The hybrid quantum-HPC systems emerge as intermittent solution combining the best of both worlds and enabling researchers to solve complex problems more efficiently by distributing tasks between quantum device and high performance computing system.
The hybrid approach is not a silver bullet; it requires a specific approach to a specific problem. Still the hybrid quantum-HPC approach is the best what we have today for many problems of utmost importance in almost every aspect of human life.
While primary access to quantum device is still a privilege of top research facilities, access to the quantum computing over the cloud has already been pioneered by IBM. No doubt that other tech giants racing to deliver quantum computer, among them Google, Microsoft and Intel, will follow IBM’s suit in relaxing access to quantum device over the cloud. While access to both the quantum device and HPC system is still a domain of big players with deep pockets, the hybrid approach definitely speeds up and widens adoption of quantum computing. Separation of quantum and HPC concerns also opens many new venues for integrative and multidisciplinary problem solving, team building and application development.
Considering political and economic implications of quantum computing neither large government nor corporate players would not be able to ignore emergence of hybrid quantum-HPC model. It’s rather obvious to predict investments of National Security establishment in cryptography and other critical mission applications of hybrid quantum-HPC model. The same goes for banking establishment and blockchain. National Security and banking, these are only two of many market chunks profoundly impacted by hybrid quantum-HPC model, but both are potentially multibillion segments with robust growth.
The report covers technologies, products and services in emerging hybrid quantum-HPC market.
The report provides detailed year-by-year (2019 – 2024) forecasts for the following hybrid quantum-HPC market segments:
- By top nine countries.
- By infrastructure: quantum processor (either on premise or in the cloud), HPC infrastructure (either on premise or in the cloud), FPGA acceleration, GPU acceleration, in-memory computing.
- By services: planning & integration services, application development, application as a service, support and maintenance, training.
- By major applications: cryptography, blockchain, AI/optimization problems, image/signal processing, SIGINT, MASINT, modelling of physical, chemical and biological processes, OSINT.
- By Intelligence Community.
- By verticals: government, national security, defense, banking, IT, telecom, manufacturing, energy, biotech, advanced materials.
Table of Contents
1. Market Report Scope & Methodology
1.2. Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
2.1. Key Findings
3. Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market 2019-2024 in Numbers
List of Tables
Table 1 – Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market 2019-2024 by Top Countries, $Mln
Table 2 – Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market by Infrastructure 2019-2024, $Mln
Table 3 – Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market by Services 2019-2024, $Mln
Table 4 – Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market by Major Applications, $Mln
Table 5 – Intelligence Community: Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market, $Mln
Table 6 – Hybrid Quantum-HPC Market by Verticals, $Mln