Despite the meteoritic fall of bitcoin, one of the most popular cryptocurrencies, crypto is here to stay. For all cryptocurrency shortcomings, specifically price volatility and lack of inherent value, the major crypto appeal of decentralized people’s currency is too powerful to ignore.
The following are key trends and evolutions that can shape cryptocurrency landscape in 2022:
- Wide acceptance of cryptocurrencies in impoverished communities and economies with limited access to banking services.
- Emergence of hybrid crypto banking.
- Emergence of cryptocurrencies pegged to hard currencies and commodity prices.
- Tokenization of zero carbon credits.
- Emergence of niche token forms with sufficient liquidity to be used as cryptocurrency.